- 7000 BTU Models
- 9000 BTU Models
- 12000 BTU Models
- 15000 BTU Models
- Friedrich PZE07K3SB Zoneaire Series 7000 BTU/230V PTAC w/Electric HeatChoose Options
- Friedrich PZE09K3SB Zoneaire Series 9000 BTU/230V PTAC w/Electric HeatChoose Options
- Friedrich PZE12K3SB Zoneaire Series 12000 BTU/230V PTAC w/Electric HeatChoose Options
- Friedrich PZE15K5SB Zoneaire Series 15000 BTU/230V PTAC w/Electric HeatChoose Options
- Friedrich PZH07K3SB Zoneaire Series 7000 BTU/230V PTAC w/Heat PumpChoose Options
- Friedrich PZH09K3SB Zoneaire Series 9000 BTU/230V PTAC w/Heat PumpChoose Options
- Friedrich PZH12K3SB Zoneaire Series 12000 BTU/230V PTAC w/Heat PumpChoose Options
- Friedrich PZH15K5SB Zoneaire Series 15000 BTU/230V PTAC w/Heat PumpChoose Options
- Friedrich PZE09R3SA Zoneaire Series 9000 BTU/265V PTAC w/Electric HeatChoose Options
- Friedrich PZH09R3SA Zoneaire Series 9000 BTU/265V PTAC w/Heat PumpChoose Options
- Friedrich PZE12R3SA Zoneaire Series 12000 BTU/265V PTAC w/Electric HeatChoose Options
- Friedrich PZH12R3SA Zoneaire Series 12000 BTU/265V PTAC w/Heat PumpChoose Options
- Friedrich PTAC Accessories
1) What BTU Capacity Should I Choose?
If you are replacing an existing PTAC it is recommended that you replace it with your current BTU size. BTU sizes are primarily calculated based on the overall square footage of your room. It is always best to undersize rather than oversize to get the best efficiency. The following will give you a rough estimate of the BTU size suggested.
Less Than 250 Square Feet: 7000 BTU
250-400 Square Feet: 9000 BTU
400-600 Square Feet: 12000 BTU
600+ Square Feet: 15000 BTU
2) What Power Cord Type Should I Choose?
All 7000,9000,12000 BTU models include a 230/208V 20amp power cord and the 15000 BTU model includes a 230/208V 30amp (LARGE SIZE) power cord. Please confirm the plug type when you place the order. This is important because we need to be certain your PTAC unit will have the proper cord so that it fits your existing outlet. We have included a diagram below to show you what the plug outlet looks like. Please note there is an additional cost for a non standard cordset. (A 265 Voltage model is also available on special request)
Please select the receptacle plug type as follows:
3) What is the difference between a standard Heat/Cool model and a Heat Pump?
Our standard "PZE" models offer cooling with electric heat strip. These models are often used in colder climates where the average outside temperature is well below freezing. The premium "PZH" models offer cooling with a Heat Pump. Heat Pumps are often used in warmer climates where the average outside temperature is above freezing. Heat Pumps are very energy efficient because it transfers heat from the outside into the room instead of using the electric heat however all PDH Heat Pump models also include backup emergency electric heat which will kick in when the outside temperature dips below freezing and can no longer be supported by the Heat Pump.
4) Will the Friedrich PTAC fit my existing wall sleeve?
As long as your existing wall sleeve is 42" wide by 16" high which is the universal standard size for all PTACs including GE, Carrier, Amana, Trane, LG, Sanyo it will fit your existing wall sleeve without the need of changing the wall sleeve or exterior grille. Please note although the overall dimensions are the same extra insulation may be needed to be installed around the perimeter in some cases.
5) What is the warranty on the Friedrich PTAC?
Friedrich offers a two (2) year manufacturer warranty parts and labor included on the PZ Series. A five (5) year manufacturer warranty is also included on the compressor and sealed refrigeration. You have an option of extending the manufactuer warranty at time of purchase. The extended warranty is only available to residential homeowners. Commercial and rental apartments do not qualify.
6) Who do I call when I need service on my Friedrich PTAC?
During the initial two (2) year warranty period, you may contact Friedrich direct at 1(800)541-6645 to find a local Friedrich authorized servicer in your area.
7) Ok I am ready to order my new Friedrich PTAC. How will it ship?
We ship all Friedrich PTAC via a trucking company. All units are strapped down to a pallet for extra protection during transportation. The trucking compamy will contact you at least 24 hours before delivery to arrange a delivery appointment. Please note all deliveries unless pre-approved are considered "curbside" only and no liftgate or inside delivery will be available. Please allow at least 7 days for delivery unless otherwise indicated.
Now hopefully all your questions are answered and you are ready to place your order. If not please feel free to contact us. We offer a easy, safe and secure web checkout system. We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover and AMEX.